At Melrose Orthodontics we offer a wide variety of treatment options to best suit our patients’ needs. These include Invisalign, clear braces, and traditional metal braces.
Treatment We Offer
Reasons for early treatment with multiple baby teeth still present include:
- Crossbite – when one or more of the upper teeth sits inside the lower teeth
- Underbite – when the lower front teeth sit in front of the upper front teeth
- Extra or missing teeth
- Early or late loss of baby teeth
- Very crowded, very spaced teeth
- Teeth that meet abnormally or do not touch at all
- Thumb, finger, pacifier sucking that is affecting the development of the teeth or jaw
To give your child the best opportunity for a healthy and beautiful smile, come visit us at Melrose Orthodontics where we can evaluate your child’s dental development and start treatment when it is most beneficial. The American Association of Orthodontists recommends a check-up by an orthodontic specialist no later than age 7.
At Melrose Orthodontics, we believe strongly in evidence-based practice. Because of that, we never provide treatment to patients without strong scientific evidence behind it. Rest assured that we never treat children early for problems that research has shown can be treated just as well, if not better, in the teenage years.
We offer a variety of treatment options for pre-teens and teens. Our goal is to make your teen smile freely and confidently – both during orthodontic treatment and after. Because we know self-confidence is vital to a healthy mind and body, we offer the following treatment options to allow your teen to always feel at his or her best:
- Invisalign Teen – clear aligner therapy for the teenage population
- Clear Braces – tooth-colored braces that can be worn both with or without colored ties
- Metal Braces – traditional braces treatment with or without colored ties
Whatever option is preferred by your teen, the case will be carefully diagnosed, treatment planned, and executed by Dr. Casey to ensure the most beautiful smile possible is achieved.
No age is too old for orthodontic treatment. Common reasons for orthodontic treatment as an adult are:
- Relapse from orthodontic treatment as a teen
- Dissatisfaction with appearance of smile
- Tooth movement to facilitate a restorative treatment such as implant placement for a missing tooth
- Improved function with biting and chewing
- Difficulty keeping teeth and supporting tissues healthy due to crowding or misalignment
The opportunity has not passed you by to have improved function and esthetics with orthodontic treatment. And with esthetic alternatives like Invisalign or clear braces, discrete orthodontic correction is possible and Melrose Orthodontics is here to help you achieve the smile you’ve always wanted.
We believe retention is
- Evaluation and replacement of lost or broken retainers
- Repair or replacement of a fixed retainer
- Adjustment of an existing retainer for a more comfortable fit