What To Expect
Upon your arrival at Melrose Orthodontics, please check in with our Patient Concierge. She will guide you to the Guest Lounge where you can relax while looking at the backyard garden curated by Dr. Casey herself! But don’t get too comfortable – we know you’re busy and we don’t like to make our patients wait long!
After reviewing your concerns, Dr. Moira Casey will conduct a thorough clinical orthodontic examination and explain all aspects of any recommended treatment.
The Purpose of the Initial Examination is to Answer:
- What sort of problem is present, if any?
- When is the proper time to begin treatment?
- What type of treatment is indicated?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will the treatment cost?
If orthodontic treatment is recommended, an appointment for diagnostic records will be scheduled. If time allows, these diagnostic records can be completed at the first visit.
What are Diagnostic Records?
- Digital study models of your teeth where the teeth and bite can be evaluated and measured from all angles, including behind.
- Panoramic and cephalogram radiographs and tracings.
- Photographs of your teeth and face to evaluate facial harmony and balance.
- Dr. Casey’s comprehensive evaluation and interpretation of the diagnostic records and determining the recommended treatment options.
What is the Cost of the Treatment?
The cost of treatment depends upon the severity of the orthodontic problem. If Dr. Casey does recommend orthodontic treatment, the treatment coordinator will discuss treatment fees and payment options during the initial evaluation. We work hard to make orthodontics affordable for patients of all socioeconomic backgrounds. We have a variety of different payment plans to suit your budget and accept assignment from most insurance plans to lessen your financial burden.
What Does my Investment Include?
Your investment includes:
- The general treatment fee includes all appliances, regular office hour visits, and the majority of procedures performed in the office from the day the braces go on to the final retainer check. Appliances are durable and should last through the entire treatment period if the patient follows instructions. If appliances require replacement due to loss, breakage, misuse or failure to eliminate foods that cause damage, we may charge an additional replacement fee.
- One set of final retainers is provided upon completion of active tooth movement. There is a replacement fee for each additional retainer that is necessary due to breakage or loss. And remember, all things in dentistry are custom fabricated made just for your teeth. Lost or broken retainers will require a new model to be captured prior to fabrication so don’t delay getting in touch with us to keep your teeth straight!
What Doesn’t my Investment Include?
- Work performed at other dental offices outside our orthodontic practice. Yes, Dr. Casey is a dentist, but because she practices orthodontics, we still need you to see your General Dentist every 6 months for routine checkups and cleanings.
- If an accident or injury occurs during treatment which results in TMJ (Temporo-Mandibular-Joint) complications, additional orthodontics, orthognathic surgery, etc, or an unexpected change in the treatment plan is necessary, a fee adjustment may be required to complete treatment under these unusual circumstances. If at any point you have any questions about treatment finances, just ask and a friendly team member will be happy to help!
Assignment of Benefits
We accept assignment of benefits for most insurance plans. By doing this, the billing party’s out-of-pocket expense is substantially lower. On occasion, a plan is structured to not allow us to accept assignment of benefits. In that unusual circumstance, we will be happy to file claims so that the insured can be reimbursed directly. Should there be any change in your policy prior to full payment of the insurance benefit, please contact our office so adjustments to your pre-credited balance can be made.
It is our goal to see you, on time, for your appointment. Time is scheduled to complete the necessary procedure, give information about the treatment progress and answer any questions you may have along the way. In order for us to maintain a schedule that runs in a timely manner, we request that patients arrive on time to avoid delays, as the day progresses. Your cooperation and consideration with appointments is greatly appreciated by our office and the patients that are seen after your appointment.